Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 11: Legoland!

Friday, August 25TH...

I took the 3 older boys to Legoland in Carlsbad; the two babes stayed home with my mom.  My dad, my sister Janna and her 3 children, Idrese, Kyse and Paresa all joined us!

I've taken my boys to Legoland before in the past... the boys LOVE it there!!!  In a lot of ways, I'd say it's probably better than Disneyland for all 3 of them right now.  They're all 3 at that age where Legos are absolutely, positively the.coolest.toys.ever!!!  I'm not going to complain a bit- I actually really LIKE Legoland.  In another life- you know, when I'm reincarnated, I'd like to be a Master Lego Builder who builds humongous dragons and The White House out of Legos.  How cool of a job would that be?!
Don't you just LOVE the trucker hat Noah's wearing? 
Ha! 
He found it in Grandpa Truesdell's collection of hats.

Disneyland needs to learn a thing or two from Legoland.  
Activity centers for kids to play at, while parents wait in line for their turn on a ride... Um, YES PLEASE!
Simply amazing!
Isn't my nephew Kyse a cutie?  He's the same age as Cohen.  Poor kid, couldn't get a break.  The entire time while we were visiting my family in San Diego, Cohen kept calling Kyse "Eliot".  Kyse would correct him, time and time again, but it didn't seem to matter, because Cohen just kept calling him "Eliot".  {What I think REALLY happened was Cohen didn't understand yet at that point in time that friends all had different names.  I think he thought everyone had the same name.- B.t.w. Eliot is our little neighbor friend who lives behind us.}
Noah felt like a kid in a candy store!
I actually thought it WAS a candy store when we first entered the store...
it took me a good solid minute or two to realize the bins weren't full of candy
but instead they were chalk full of LEGOS!
 Noah wanted to trick grandpa
and make him think he was actually asleep next to this old dude!
Talk about AMAZING!!!
This entire wall was made out of tiny Legos!
I adore that Noah's doing the "Walk Like an Egyptian" pose here above...
I'm really not sure WHERE he learned that one from.
Have I ever mentioned before that my dad is a pilot instructor?...
Yep, he is.
 Really.  
He doesn't teach or fly for that matter much anymore-
but he used to all the time when I was little.
It was his hobby and I'm sure the $$$ didn't hurt either.
I used to LOVE going up flying with my dad when I was a little kid!!!
That's my nephews Idrese and Kyse in the red airplane in the front of the picture, 
and my dad is with Noah in the green airplane.  
Cohen is sitting with my sister Janna in the blue plane.
Have I already mentioned that Ian is a total adrenaline junky?!  
Yep, he LOVES his fast, swirly whirly roller coasters.
He begged grandpa to go on this one below with him twice-
then I went on it with him twice.
He just couldn't get enough of the ride.
Meanwhile, 
Cohen slept in the stroller 
and Noah just waited patiently by the ride's exit.
He definitely did NOT want to go on the ride!
That's my dad and Ian behind the guy with the red shirt on. 
Directly seated behind Ian and my dad are Idrese and Paresa.
I didn't get a picture of it,
but a points through out the ride
Ian even had his hands up OVER his head!!!

This dragon below made out of Lego's is just plain ridiculous!!!
Could you even imagine building this thing?!
Here's another wild ride that Ian 
 absolutely
wanted to go on 
and Noah opted out of.
It's this claw thing that suspends you above the ground 
and twists and turns you all over in the air.
It's really cRaZy!
I LOVE roller coasters and fun, wild rides
but this one just made me absolutely sick!
I REALLY thought I was going to puke. 
Luckily, the park was about to close
so after a couple more rides
we made it out of there;
I held my head in my hands on the way out 
and I even asked my sister Janna to drive home.
I'm still unsure exactly what happened to me-
but I think I might have had the 24 hour flu
because I went home that evening and went straight to bed.
I'd NEVER, EVER felt so incredibly nauseous before in my life!

Overall- we had a WHOLE LOT of FUN at Legoland!  I almost wish we lived  closer; I'd buy season passes for our family in a heart beat!!!

0 comments: