Sunday, November 6, 2011

Written by Spencer...

Babies

babies come from a mothers womb
not from an ancient mummy tomb
They comes in all sizes and shapes
1 in (a) million there (they are)born like apes
Feed the Baby carrots milk beens (beans)
Go's (grows) so fast then their teens
Then Grow up and get married
Know (Now) your (you're) a grandma or grandpa
Children get sick as you can see then you have to open say "Ah"
If it's a girl- at about 14 thell (they'll) be waring (wearing) a bra
If it's a boy thell (they'll) be saying "can I borrow some money ma!"

I was sorting through some boxes of Spencer's junk stuff yesterday when I found this poem he wrote in grade school.  Just as I was about to toss it into the trash--- I hesitated and decided to read it.  The title of the poem had my attention instantly.  "Babies"Hmm, why on earth would Spencer be writing a poem about babies in grade school?! Better yet, I was curious to see what he had to say about them--- you know, because we have 5 of our own--- I thought it would be interesting to see if his idea of "Babies" has changed much over 25+ years.  Fortunately none of OUR babies were the "1 in million... born like apes"! LOL!  I thought it was especially amusing finding this poem because in case you didn't know, before he earned his Masters in Teaching, he majored and graduated in English, with an emphasis in creative writing (isn't it obvious it wasn't technical writing?!).  I have an idea he didn't really care to proof read his work much, but I do think he was a creative thinker!

0 comments: