Friday, November 4, 2011

R&R...

Spencer had the day off from work today- it's the end of the quarter and grades for his students were due today by noon, but he did all of his grading earlier in the week so he didn't have to go in... (Yippee!) which ultimately meant we both got to sleep in an hour later than we usually do (he normally has to be out the door by 6/6:30), then when it came time to get all the boys showered, dressed, fed & off to school, I had help!  Spencer walked Noah to the bus stop this morning to wait for his bus---I took this snapshot of the two heading out...

We both went to get Ian from preschool once school was over (Cohen didn't go at all this week because I'm still working on potty training him--- I THINK he's about ready to ditch diapers/Pull Ups for good- YAHOO!); following which we ran errands to the bank and post office then drove over to Noah's school to pick him up too.  Spencer waited for him outside of class (it's a first) and met his teacher... she had only good things to say about Noah--- thank goodness!  She said if only she had 28 other little Noah's in her class it would make her job teaching a whole lot easier!  (it's true- he really is an excellent student--- I volunteer in his class every other Thursday and get to see for myself)...

We drove down to Spencer's parents house in Orem--- they had a whole backyard full of leaves that needed to be raked and our boys wanted to help... 
We left the three oldest there to sleepover and returned home with just the two babes.  Dare I say it's too easy with just the two around--- even kind of boring. I really don't know what to do with myself... not that that's a bad thing... I'm just not used to it... naturally I'm a busy person- I like to always be on the GO... I like commotion.  I already deep cleaned the house and organized closets/clothes earlier in the week... most of the laundry has been washed/dried & folded... Our pantry and fridge are both stocked...The garage is already cleaned out and organized; same story about the basement... There isn't really any yard work outside that needs to be done... Halloween decorations were put away the day AFTER Halloween- I've been half tempted to start putting up Christmas decorations, but I'm trying to resist from doing so... I DID steam mop my master bathroom floor, but that only consumed 10 minutes of my time... I didn't even have to make dinner tonight- we just ate the yummy left over chili I made from Halloween... I actually WANTED Bentley to make a mess at dinner so I'd at least have SOMETHING to do, cleaning up after him, to occupy my time, but he DIDN'T (which is a first)... I considered reorganizing all of the books on the boys book shelves (they have at least a thousand and they're all crammed onto the shelves), but I'll leave that to do until tomorrow morning- (I'll need something to do tomorrow morning to keep me busy too)... I've done practically NOTHING all day and in a weird way, it's been bliss... I can't remember the last time I've had so much time just to relax!  I took almost a 4 hour nap this afternoon while the babes napped... it was AWESOME! (in case you were wondering, Spencer woke Bentley up after 3 hours but allowed me to keep sleeping--- I needed it... it's been a LONG time since I last received 4 hours of solid, uninterrupted sleep!) I woke up to Entertainment Tonight on the television...  it's been YEARS since I've watched that dumb show... I learned the the cast members from Growing Pains might do a reunion show--- how COOL would that be?!  I LOVED that show growing up!!! Finally GOOD news!!!  It sure beats all of the depressing news about our failing economy and terrorism.

A.n.y.h.o.w....  Today has been great!  It's nice to get a break every now and then; thanks again Les and Linda for watching our older boys tonight... we really appreciate it!  I'm enjoying this peaceful day, but the honest truth is, I can't wait for tomorrow to come! I LOVE the usual madness of having ALL 5 boys here at home with us!  I guess I'm just silly like that!

1 comments:

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

Looks Luke something Summer would like. I need to find a neighbor willing to let us rake.