1ST SNOWFALL!
...............................................................................
We woke up this morning to find the first snowfall of the season blanketing our rooftops and lawn. Our boys were thrilled of course and wanted to play in it A.S.A.P.! While I prepared a hot breakfast, they went outside with Spence to make a snowman.
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but up until about 2 years ago, I NEVER knew that in order to make a snowman, you had to roll the snow into a big ball! I always believed snowmen were made kinda like sand castles. OOPS! Guess I was completely wrong. I'm SO a San Diegan.
At first I just let the 3 older boys go outside with Spencer to play in the snow---
but then I saw this...
Bentley wanted to get in on the action outside,
so it took me 10 minutes to get him suited up properly to ensure that he'd stay warm...
... but it took him only one minute of walking around in the snow,
before he fell in it and wanted out!
Needless to say, I took him back inside the house.
P.S. Did you notice the slimy gross boogers in the pictures above? Sorry about that. It's disgusting, I know, but while I considered editing them out of the picture, I thought it was better NOT to. I thought I'd give you a REAL LOOK at what life with 5 boys looks like. I'm constantly dealing with boogers! Yuck!If you look closeenough in the picture below you'll notice that Noah's eating the snow... That kid! He LOVES his snow and he's ALWAYS eating it! We'll get out of our car in mall parking lots and before I can stop him, he'll pick up a handful of snow (usually old, dirty snow) and shove it in his mouth!!! I really don't know WHAT to do about this bad habit of his... one day it will make him sick, I know it!
If he wants a snowcone, sure fine, I'll get him a snowcone, but seriously, he has to STOP IT with eating the nasty snow!
Seriously!
I think Noah thought it was a snowcone buffet outback!
Here's yet another picture of him eating the snow!!!
Here's Ian just putting the finishing touches on his snowman...
AND...
VOILA!
I'll be honest, our recent snowfall has made me pretty darn excited about WINTER!!! I LOVE the snow!!! Oh, before I forget--- one funny thing I only recently learned... my friends and family from warm, sunny San Diego just might be as stunned as I was when I found out that the poor kiddos at school have to play outside in this stuff during recess!!! Isn't that nuts?! If Noah and some of his other school buddies were smart, particularly on extra chilly days, he'd get to work on building an igloo out in the schoolyard! Maybe then, they could huddle in it and stay warm. I have to laugh a little about it because I recall having to stay inside the classroom during recess when it was just lightly drizzling outside!!! We San Diegan's were so spoiled!










0 comments:
Post a Comment