He's not a Black Eyed Pea...
...but Noah does have a black eye...
Check out his left eye in this picture below...
Yes, it is true. It's his first, and no, he didn't get it by getting in a fight with any of his brothers- or even getting hit in the eye with a baseball and NO, of course we didn't beat up our child!!! Nope, his black eye was self inflicted. Yep, that's right. But "HOW?" you might ask... well, I wasn't there to witness it, but I saw him the second before it happened and I heard the screams immediately after he fell--- on Saturday night, we had just finished saying family prayer together... the boys were scurrying up the stairs to climb into bed, and just as Noah was about to take his first step up the stairs, he slipped on the tile at the base of the stairs, and fell face first into the stairs (he was wearing footed pajamas that evening)... like I said before, I wasn't there to witness his fall, but I imagine he probably knocked his eye on the edge of stairs... Spencer and I asked him what happened, but he was a blubbering mess and in so much pain at first, he couldn't show us exactly what happened. Whatev, it didn't really matter. All that really mattered was making sure that he wasn't bleeding and comforting him. Initially he just had a HUGE bump above his eye where his eyebrow is... he was lucky it didn't bust open and bleed or need stitches. We sent him to bed that night with an ice pack to keep the swelling down. By Sunday at church it looked pretty bad- the swelling had gone down but it was purplish- by Monday morning it was black and it looked like his entire eye, not just his upper eye, had been punched! Poor kid. It really looks terrible, yet at the same time- it does sort of look pretty... the purple and black kinda look like eyeshadow and with his naturally gorgeous long eyelashes, the coloring, a.k.a. bruising, really DOES make his blue eyes pop! I can't help but be curious to see how many MORE black eyes we'll eventually see between the 5 of our boys during our lifetime?! They are boys- I imagine this may be the first of many.

4 comments:
Noah, take good care of that eye! Sending kisses and hugs and hope you're not in too much pain.
Arnica gel is AMAZING! I've had "goose egg" bumps go down within the hour and NO coloring from using Arnica on it. It's a MUST. I keep some at home and carry some in my purse. TRY IT!!!
Yes! Valerie is right. Arnica gel is AMAZING! It's the only way to keep kids bruise free! P.S. I love reading your blog. Thank you for sharing
chewing tobacco takes the color out of the bruise. Just mix it with water like a poultice and hold it on for a bit. Of course it wouldn't work well with the eye LOL
Post a Comment