Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cornbelly's...

I took the boys to Cornbelly's the Friday before Halloween...
it was pretty crowded, but the boys behaved fabulously--- I couldn't have asked for a better outing with them!

Duck races!
Cohen was so stoked to be old enough to participate this year!!!
Spider bait!
The boys LOVED this tractor ride,
riding along in the cow cars...
I wish I would have taken a picture of Bentley 
when they returned from their journey through the corn maze-
the path was so bumpy, 
he slipped down into his bucket;
the only part of him I could see when they returned was the crown of his head!
The boys booked it through the corn maze...
I LOVE that Bentley is holding his BIG ol' hamburger here in this picture below...
he's ALWAYS eating!!!
I'm not exactly sure WHERE he puts all his food either-
he so little!
LOVE this picture of the 4 older boys following each other through the corn maze...
F.Y.I. Just in case if you were curious,
Atticus was with me.

Noah was really excited about all of the corn he found in the maze!
He pretended to eat it-
but after taking a closer look,
I told him it looked like it would probably knock his teeth out if he took one bite of it!
I think that only encouraged him more to try and eat it.
You see, he's desperate to loose a tooth so he can get money from The Toothfairy!
A lot of his friends at church & school have already lost one or more of their baby teeth 
and Noah's green with envy.
I hate to tell him,
but he probably still has another year or two before any of his baby teeth fall out!
I remember being 7, nearly 8 years old when I lost my first tooth.

The boys explored the haystack maze.
I LOVE the lighting in there for pictures!!!
Who knew that HAY makes such a great backdrop?!
LOVE that this time Bentley has a box of LARGE fries in his hands!
They were supposed to be for all 4 of the older boys to share,
but HE practically ate the entire box!
Atticus and Ian...
We discovered this new area at Cornbelly's with life sized Lincoln Logs!!!
(they're called Little Logs- Google it).
The boys were totally excited about building a cabin---
everyone of them (minus Atticus of course)
pitched in and helped build the cabin...
It took some time...
...but eventually they'd figured out how to assemble it correctly 
AND...

VOILA!
They had themselves a mini log cabin!
The idea of life size Lincoln Logs is GENIUS!  
I'm downright determined to own some of our own---
they're sort of expensive-
perhaps Santa will be extra generous this year at Christmas
or better yet,
maybe I can figure out a way to make our own!
I'm brainstorming ALREADY!

We always have such a fab time at Cornbelly's---
this year certainly didn't disappoint.
The boys were filthy, stinky and tired by the time we returned home...
After showering them,
we found this package below from Grandma and Grandpa Truesdell
waiting for the boys on our front doorstep!
It contained all sorts of thoughtful, fun, yummy Halloween goodies for the boys!
Books, candy, vampire teeth, a card and cartoons...
just to clarify on that last one,
I meant the Sunday morning cartoons...
my mom used newspaper to cushion the package 
and the Sunday morning cartoons were part of the packaging.
Our boys have NEVER seen newsprint cartoons
and the older ones were FASCINATED with them!
They nearly forgot about all the goodies they received!
We just may have to start subscribing to the newspaper now for the cartoons alone!

0 comments: