Witch Hunt.
A tradition of ours, that I began with our boys 3 years ago, has been to visit Gardner Village every October to do our Witch Hunt... Last year it was Aunt Laura who had joined us in our Witch Hunt., this year Grandpa Campbell came along. We enjoyed fabulous sunny warm weather -which was a first, it's ALWAYS been freezing in the past, cookies and each others company!
Another reason I love Gardner Village is for their ducks!
The witch below reminded me
of my mission companion's business
that she and her husband own- J Dawgs in Provo.
This witch would make THE.BEST.EMPLOYEE at their shop!
I hate to admit this, but I'm still in the process of potty training Cohen (before you judge me- hear me out- it's not like he's 16, he just turned 3 in June, but I know... he's still getting too big for diapers!). He just REFUSES to do his number 2 business on the toilet! It's so grrr... FRUSTRATING! I should have just potty trained him back in April when he wanted to do it, but I told him we'd "do it later" because my due date with Atticus was the very next week... All the best parenting books recommend NOT to potty train a child when you're about to move or have a baby... I shouldn't have paid heed to their advice, because NOW Cohen's the one who's deciding when LATER will be!!! Jokingly, I asked him if he wanted to do his business on the"Witchy Poo"... He said "YES!". YES PEOPLE! He NEVER says "Yes"! I almost wish I had a "Witchy Poo" in my house just so we can get this potty training thing over with!!!
We lost count of the witches we found by the time we got to 8... I KNOW there were at least twice that many. The following one was my fave. I asked my boys to take a picture next to her with me--- they didn't exactly cooperate for the camera, but hey, I'm used to that by now!
Oh my goodness, I nearly forgot! When we were done with our Witch Hunt, we walked back to our car in the parking lot and found one of the passenger doors left open! It wasn't left open just a crack- NO- it was totally left WIDE open!!! OOPS! Apparently I was delusional- what was I thinking?! Or better yet, why wasn't I thinking?!!! My wallet and iPOD were left inside- the iPOD was in plain view of passerby's--- not to mention there were also 5 car seats in the car and a DVD player. Those things could have scored a lot of cash combined at a Pawn Shop. Just saying. Anyhow, nothing was touched. NOTHING! That's a miracle, right?! I mean we'd been at Gardner Village for at least an hour and half- plenty of time for someone to steal stuff out of my car. Heck! They could have stolen my car!!! It's a good thing we live in UTAH. I need to remind myself of this experience when I start to complain about how DUMB UTAH is. If this had happened in San Diego, my car would had already been stolen and crossed the border into Mexico.











1 comments:
Mandy took me there! It was SO cool! I should have called so we could have gone on the same day...with 10 kids! lol. I need to post the pictures. Thanks for reminding me! P.S. Sorry I wasn't able to come by during my visit...went by SUPER fast!
Post a Comment