Monday, September 12, 2011

Just another day following the life of the Campbell boys...

I just returned from taking the 3 oldest boys to their dentist appointment- the other two babes, Bentley and Atticus, came along for the ride too... The boys did great! Zero cavities. They were really well behaved which left me totally impressed!  They were actually excited to have their teeth cleaned- how about that?! I LOVE good days like today when they're all behaving really well--- when they're not screaming or crying, or throwing themselves on the floor gnashing their teeth and pounding their fists because they're upset over something- they really DO have the potential to charm the boots off of just about a.n.y.o.n.e. I LOVE IT!  They're all napping now.  I heart nap time.  It's my "ME TIME".  Today I think I might spend my "ME TIME" taking a nap too--- I feel like I need it.  It took me almost a whole hour this morning to get up out of bed.  My alarm went off just before 6 at a quarter till, but I didn't actually crawl out of bed and make it into the shower until 6:40.  By then I was already running behind and I've been running ever since!

We had a small window of time earlier this afternoon, just after the boys finished school and right before we had to leave for the dentist that I told them to go outback and eat their lunch and play... coincidentally it also happened to be the same time our sprinklers out back turned on.  OOPS!  This is what I saw when I looked out back after hearing quite a lot of commotion...

... Oh, it was just the boys taking a leisurely drive across the lawn, trying to dodge the sprinklers all while eating their pb&jThey were giggling like school girls.  It was hilarious!  It's moments like these I pray and hope I'll be able to remember and look back upon when they're all grown and I'm old and gray.  These are the moments that I wish could last forever.

2 comments:

janae said...

I love all the beautiful pictures you always take of your kids!

Ruth said...

That is so funny. Yes, you will look back and love these memories.