I'm a fool for all holidays but I ESPECIALLY heart the 4TH of July !!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
After a morning of slip-n-slide on the hill at "Grandma's theater", the boys and I hopped over to visit Colonial Days in the Scera Park, however we didn't get to stay long and enjoy the demonstrations due to two overly tired little boys whose names shall remain unmentioned, but I'll give you a clue: their names begin with a N and an I.
Later that afternoon we were planning on watching Mr Popper Penguins with Grandma and Grandpa Campbell at the movie theater, but when we went to buy tickets we discovered the movie was completely sold out, SO, we returned home---we were bummed that the afternoon didn't go as planned... We needed a new game plan--- it was still too early to eat dinner or light fireworks and it was too cold to go swimming (it was overcast and gloomy all day long), so Grandma C. rented a copy of Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2 and we watched it as I finished preparing dinner--- which by the way wasn't much--- just hoagie sandwiches, chips, potato salad, watermelon, Grandma brought strawberry jello and we drank pop.


I really enjoy decorating my house for holidays!
Decorations always add instant character to our otherwise boring home.
Below the fam is watch Diary of a Whimpy Kid 2...
GREAT movie!!!
After the movie was over, we ate...
Then we divided up into teams and shot hoops...
Spence dubbed Ian and Bentley as his team mates,
while I had Noah and Cohen on my team...
It wasn't long after we began playing
that both grandma and Aunt Megan
came out to shoot some hoops with us!
We called it quits when we lost track of who was winning
then went back inside the house for dessert...
we ate my homemade lemon meringue pie (devine!)
and warm peach cobbler served over fresh home made vanilla ice cream.
Following dessert,
just as soon as it was beginning to get dark,
we lit fireworks out in front of the house...
Our firework show was pretty spectacular
all thanks to Spencer and Aunt Megan who helped light them off.
It didn't hurt that he were also allowed to use aerial fireworks this year with out it being against the law.
Here we are waiting for the previous said show to begin!!!
After all of our guests had gone home,
we went back inside the house ,
the boys pulled up a chair,
or a wastebasket,
something,
anything to sit on,
Spencer cracked open the front window
and we watched our neighborhood sky light up with fireworks!!!
The show was AMAZING!
(almost better than Sea World's 4TH of July fireworks!)
1 comments:
cute kids. The pie looks yummy.
Post a Comment