Easter...
I've got a whole LOT of catching up to do, so I guess I'll begin where I last left off....
EASTER!
Disclaimer: Before I begin, I should probably write that I had every intention of making the boys each their own sugar EASTER eggs, like the two I made the year before (click here to see)... but... I just never found the time to make them... can you really blame me, I was having a baby two days AFTER EASTER ! Hopefully (fingers crossed) it will happen next year!--- that is the eggs, NOT another baby!!!The Saturday before EASTER we took the boys over to my in laws to participate in an EASTER egg hunt with their cousins. My mother had just flown in from San Diego the evening before so she tagged along to watch. The boys had a blast looking for eggs out back in my in laws yard...
Cohen and his boots!
He went through a phase for a period of time
where the only thing he wanted to wear on his feet were these boots.
We've had them for quite some time,
but neither of the two older boys wore them much...
Cohen on the other hand...
he'd wear them to bed and to church if we were to let him.
They were pretty stinky---
I'm delighted and relieved
he's forgotten about them this past month
now that things have started to heat up
and I can only imagine
one whiff of the stank from those boots
could probably knock a man dead!
Poor Noah was sick. He had walking pneumonia at the time, however we wouldn't actually know that is what he'd been sick with until that following Monday when Spencer took him in for a doctor visit--- coitadinho! The poor kid had very little energy in him, but he was willing to muster up whatever little strength he did have to hunt for candy!The EASTER Bunny visited the kids during their hunt... he came bouncing out to the song "Here come's Peter Cotton Tail"... it was a sight to behold! The boys were slightly confused by his presence and the little ones, Cohen and Bentley, were both terribly afraid of him. It was hilarious! They wanted the candy he was generously passing out to everyone but they didn't want to come an inch closer to him than they had too!
I actually thought it was my mother in law, Linda, inside the bunny costume (she likes to dress up in costume a lot... for Spencer's birthdays, she would show up in his classroom at school dressed as the EASTER Bunny or Santa Claus... one year she went as a gorilla!... It was always mortifying for Spencer--- especially because this tradition of hers continued through onto high school!)... I didn't actually realize until the bunny was about to leave that it was my brother in law Aaron dressed up in the bunny costume!!! DUH! If I had been a little more observant that morning, I would have noticed that Linda was out back with us the entire time!!!
That same Saturday, in the evening, the boys dyed EASTER eggs with Spencer and Grandma Truesdell...
The following morning, we dressed the boys in their Sunday clothes (minus their shirts and ties), then let them go crazy inside the house gathering EASTER eggs (it was too wet outside to hunt for eggs because it had rained earlier that morning and overnight).
Bentley only began walking on his own one week before EASTER (HALLELUJAH!), so we let him have first grabs before all of his brothers could search for eggs... in place of an EASTER basket, he just put his eggs he found in his little Red Radio Flyer push thing-a-ma-jigger... he cruised right along, picking up egg after egg.
Following our egg hunt, we ate a yummy brunch and then headed off to church. After church we came home and enjoyed a roast dinner with Grandma Truesdell and Grandma and Grandpa Campbell.
We tried to take a nice picture of all the boys together...
As it turns out
getting all four of them cooperate and actually smile for the camera these days
rarely EVER happens!
This was the best out of something like 60+ attempts!














1 comments:
The boys are growing up so fast. They are each really so cute yet so different from each other. I love the matching Easter shirts. Your house is lovely by the way.
Post a Comment