Thursday, November 11, 2010

Witches, pumpkins and corn mazes...

If you had asked me in September if I was ready for the upcoming, busy month of October and Halloween I would have replied "Well of course! Is it too early NOW to set out Halloween decorations?"...  skip a head an entire month, the week before Halloween to be precise, and you would probably be disappointed to find that I hadn't hung one single Halloween decoration or bought the boys Halloween costumes (subsequently I just ended up dressing them in costumes they've worn for the last two years); we hadn't yet visited the pumpkin patch, the witches at Gardner Village or the corn mazes at Cornbelly's!!!  For some odd reason, I completely LOST track of the days and weeks during October. We had a LOT of decorating to do around the house and a lot of "Halloweeny" places to visit the week of Halloween.

The first place we visited was the pumpkin patch.  There weren't too many pumpkins left to choose from in the patch but the boys weren't picky and were quite proud of what they chose.
Of course, any family outing isn't complete with out one of the boys throwing a temper tantrum...in this case it was Ian who was upset because he wanted to sit in the wagon alone. I'm afraid that wasn't an option because he has 3 other brothers who all wanted to sit in the wagon too.
Following our trip to the pumpkin patch,  I took all 4 boys the following afternoon to Gardner Village where we met up with my sister in law, Laura, and strolled around to see all the witches.

Here she is below with Cohen who REFUSED to sit still for his picture to be taken...
I could not convince Noah, nor any of the boys for that matter, to sit down on the bench next to the witch... in a last ditch effort, I told Noah he could take a picture of me sitting next to the witch IF he let me finally take a picture of him next to her...

Here's his photo he took...
Not bad, huh?

This is as close to the witch as Noah would get when it was my turn to take a picture of him. 
Please note the fact that he had to stand BEHIND the bench, as if he's hiding and she can't see him!
He refused to get close to any witches BUT he did pose nicely in front of this big pumpkin.

Following our trip to Gardner Village, we visited Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point. The boys LOVE Cornbelly's, particularly these duck races!!! They're always the first thing the boys dart off to play with.
The boys had a blast climbing on the giant spiderweb, climbing the hay tower and sliding down the slides, jumping on the giant whoopie cushions, exploring the corn maze and hay mazes and digging in the corn box (basically a corn box is like a sand box but instead of sand, it's filled with kernels) So to sum things up, the boys enjoyed a fun afternoon at Cornbelly's just being boys!

1 comments:

Ruth said...

Hey Stephanie - Wow, what awesome posts these last few are. I love Noah's party. 5 already! Those boys in the shower and running around with capes are way cute. It's great to see updates on you guys.