Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bentley's new trick...

In just 2 days Bentley will be 15 months old...  it's hard to imagine that he's already as old as he is and that in just another 3 months he'll be eligible to head into Nursery at church on Sundays.  He's so tiny. Okay, well maybe "tiny" isn't the best word to describe him, BUT he is still smaller than most babes his age. (He still wears 9 month old clothes and can squeeze into most 6 month old shirts). At his last check up he was in the 2ND%, it will be interesting to see how much he's grown since then.  There's a funny word the Portuguese use to describe babies like Bentley who have dimples and rolls (yes, he may be little, but he's well endowed with lots of chunk rolls all over his body, even his toes)... the word is "fofinho"; it literally means "fluffy"Every time I look at him I chuckle because he's my "fluffy" baby.  He looks like The Marshmallow Man but yet weighs the same as a feather! Since my birthday update on Bentley back in August, he's begun to crawl around.  Actually he doesn't crawl yet, he just drags himself along the floor using his little biceps.  He's been at this for almost 2 months now.  On Halloween he attempted to move along (finally) upright on his knees, but has since given up and reverted back to the "army crawl".  It seems to work just fine for him.  He gets himself into all sorts of trouble; especially with his brothers when they're down on the floor coloring or trying to build something.  I imagine Bentley still has a while before he'll start to walk; he still doesn't bear his own weight on his legs yet... it will be interesting to see at his next doctor appointment this upcoming week if the doctor will suggest that I take him back in for more physical therapy.  God, please NO!  I really don't need any additional things added to my already busy calendar.

Bentley is such a good baby... I know, I know, I've said this about all my kids.  Perhaps it's because I don't know any differently or maybe it's because I'm just biased and seem to think so, but really he is.  He still sleeps A LOT, usually for about 14 hours at night and then again he'll take two naps during the day, both normally each 2 1/2 hours long.  When he's awake, he's so HAPPY and content!  He loves to interact with his brothers; he especially loves to bulldoze right over one of them if they're on the floor.  He's LOUD and likes to jabber A LOT! Spencer and I have to take him to Primary with us on Sundays to teach the 8 and 9 year olds and he LOVES the attention he gets from the older kids in class.  He also enjoys singing time in Primary and though he can't quite yet say the words, he DOES jabber along to the melody.  He LOVES food!  My gosh, the kid can eat!!!  It's kinda funny because just before he turned one, the doctor was concerned because he wouldn't eat anything, but only drink formula from a bottle...  As it turns out, we discovered the kid just hated baby food and preferred "REAL FOOD", you know, the same food we were eating at meals. The kid can really THROW DOWN a bowl of mashed potatoes, veggies and meatloaf!

As I mentioned before, Bentley likes to babble A LOT.  He says a few words like "Dadda"(he really ADORES Spencer) , "Momma" (it's actually rare that he uses this word though), "Poppa" (means grandpa), "hi" (this was his first word), "Noah" (he learned Noah's name about a month ago and says it ALL THE TIME; Noah actually gets tired of hearing it.), "Ian" (we were really quite shocked he can even say Ian's name because it's not an easy name to say) and just the other night he said his first sentence, with some prompting of course... "I LOVE NOAH!".

Below is a cute little video I took of him saying Noah's name so we could share it with the grandparents...

Go ahead and say it, he's cute huh?  Okay, so he's not just cute, he's ADORABLE and he melts our hearts!

He got his blond hair from me and his looks from Spencer.  If you thought Noah looked like Spencer, boy you've got to see Bentley.

3 comments:

Aunt Sandy said...

Yes he is "CUTE" Stephanie...wish I could just pick him up and squeeze him. XXOO

John L. Carter said...

He does look a lot like Spencer. Both are a little fofinho.

Celeste said...

Stephanie, Alec was the same way, never would eat baby food, always wanted what we were having. I would cut chicken into teeny tiny pieces and he would eat it right up! Children are so funny.