"NO MOMS ALLOWED!"...
A week ago my in laws had a brand new stand up freezer shipped to our house as a house warming gift; now I have room to store meat in bulk I buy from Costco and Tillamook ice cream by the gallons! Thanks again, Linda and Les... the extra freezer space should save me from having to make an extra trip or two to the store every week... I LOVE the freezer AND our boys have been LOVING the big cardboard box it came packaged in!!!
I was hesitant at first to keep the box, since in my opinion, it's just another piece of trash, and well, I don't keep trash around the house, but Spencer and the boys were quick to inform me that it wasn't trash, it was in fact a clubhouse/rocket ship!
Um, well... okay then. A clubhouse/rocket ship it was then and I'd let them keep it until it gets broken and beaten up.
The first thing the boys had dad do was make a sign to post on the clubhouse. It reads "Boys clubhouse." Then it has a little picture of a house on it followed by a picture warning that "MOMS" are NOT allowed in the clubhouse!... BOO!
Let's see what they have to say about that once the clubhouse needs to be cleaned... Maybe then they'll reconsider letting me in... After Spencer made the sign, Noah informed him that the clubhouse needed to have a few windows and doors, so he ordered Spencer to cut those for him.
Yesterday, without much going on in between naps, I decided to let the boys paint their clubhouse out on the front lawn.
BOY, did they make a MeSs, but more importantly, they all enjoyed painting the clubhouse!









4 comments:
boxes are our favorite toy around here. after a few weeks though, i'm happy to see them gone.
the latest was a huge watermelon box. it was dubbed "mouse house" because jayson cut an arched door--like the fake doors mice have in cartoons--into it. it had some holes in the top and we wove a string of lights through it. she slept in it (on top of her bed) for almost a month.
Where did you get those cute little paint containers? They are perfect! And those little boys are getting so big and are adorable. I'm sure that was so much fun to paint that huge "rocket ship/clubhouse"
haha. That is awesome/ My dad used to do that for my sisters and me.
Cute! Fun Stuff! Bentley looks so big..I can't believe he's almost a year and somehow he was just a few months old.
Post a Comment