Monday, August 30, 2010

Just 3 years old and ALREADY a dare devil!!!

I wouldn't call laying down on a skateboard, speeding downhill face first with nothing on to protect you a sport intended for the faint of heart...  that's why when Ian decides to do this very thing over and over, out along the sidewalk in front of our house, I can only stand to watch with one eye open and the other eye closed.  It FRAZZLES my nerves but he loves to do it... I can't stop him... I've already tried to by telling him he's going to get hurt... hurt he's been, but that doesn't stop him from doing it again and again to get his adrenaline fix...  It's sort of, kind of, bewildering to actually see him already so fearless at such a young age... I mean if he's trying to do this now, what kinda crazy stunt will he trying to do when he's 15??? I'd be more comfortable knowing he's protecting his little body.  It's time to buy him body armor (i.e. a helmet with a chin strap along with protective gear for the hands, knees and elbows; perhaps maybe even a mouth guard to protect his precious little smile)...   They did just introduce The Skeleton into the Winter Olympic Games... quite possibly with a lot more practice and a bit more of that insane fearlessness he's got in him, he'll be ready to compete in the Winter Olympic games 2022!

1 comments:

Celeste said...

Go for it, the olympics it is! :D