Easter...
We celebrated Easter a little differently this year because our church General Conference also happened to be the same day as Easter (conference is always the first weekend in April). Generally we watch conference from our home on television, so instead of dressing up in fancy Easter outfits this year, the boys all just wore new dress shirts with out the fancy ties and new Sunday slacks; really there wasn't any reason this year to go overboard on getting them cute Sunday suits because we had no one to impress Easter morning, but ourselves and a few guests. But still, I wanted them to look semi-decent for candid pics we took that morning, so that is why I decided to have them wear their new dress shirts...
And just for the record:
Bentley still has to wear his helmet;
I just had it off of him Easter morning so I could get a picture of him with out it.
I promise I put it back on him and he still wears it every day,
23 hours a day... or maybe just a little bit longer.
Anyhow, that's all besides the point... Easter was just a tad bit different this year than it normally is. The weather refused to corporate this year and we woke up Easter morning to find snow covering the ground! At least 2 inches of it!The snow immediately spoiled any plans I had of letting the boys hunt for Easter eggs outside. Oh well. It was actually easier to hide the eggs inside the house. The boys were SUPER excited this year to collect Easter eggs.
Noah and Ian were practically DONE finding Easter eggs even before Cohen made it down the stairs!
No need to worry though... I made Noah save 4 eggs for Cohen to pick up.Oops! Let's rewind just a bit... I almost forgot to mention that this year Noah & Ian painted Easter eggs the night before.
They had a great time painting the eggs, but I wasn't a happy camper when one of the eggs rolled off the kitchen island onto the floor, cracking open and egg yolk spilled everywhere! I discovered that I undercooked at least half of the Easter eggs!
Unless I wanted to chance it and let all of guests the following morning leave with Salmonella poisoning, I had to throw out half of the eggs! $$$Money$$$ from my wallet wasted! Grrr...
The boys were the lucky recipients of some good stuff Easter morning... along with candy, they got stickers, little special eggs they can grow pansies and snapdragons in, windmills, etc. Bentley obviously doesn't care for candy yet or stickers, so he received a baby sheep.
Just as a session of conference was beginning Sunday morning, our guests (Spencer's family... Linda and Les, Megan and John, Laura and Victoria) arrived. They came to eat Easter brunch (waffles with all the toppings one could ever imagine, fruit salad, fresh whipped cream, ham and eggs, country fried potatoes, chocolate milk, orange juice and fruit juice) and listen to conference with us.
I bought a new waffle machine with my birthday money ( I have a fetish for kitchen gadgets!). It's a Waring Professional Waffle Maker; you know one of those fancy ones that turn. We used it Easter morning to make waffles. I've never been much of a fan of waffles, but let me tell you... I love waffles NOW after making them in this waffle iron. The boys and I have eaten waffles every day now since Sunday!
It was nice being in the company of family Easter morning, listening to our church leaders speak and especially hearing our prophet, Thomas S. Monson talk about Christ... the man and the REASON we celebrate Easter.
For more information regarding conference, click here... or to find out what it is that I believe in, click here.















4 comments:
Darling boys, Steph! You are such a good Mommy, too. I have been looking at getting that waffle maker myself. I'm just wondering how easy it is to clean. That's my biggest complaint about making waffles. Anyway, can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!
wow, I love it. I also love the matching shirts! We have the same waffle maker and I love it!
I love the decorations!!
Post a Comment