Mom, Janna & her kids came to visit...
...the Monday following Christmas my mom and sister Janna, along with her 3 kids, Idrese, Paresa and Kyse drove up from San Diego to visit us for a week. My boys L.O.V.E. their cousins and were SO excited they came!
It had hardly snowed all winter; I think we only had one or two snow storms prior to Christmas and all of the snow that fell then melted pretty quickly after wards. Janna told me that her kids had been praying for a snowstorm during their visit, (because that's what you do when you live in 75 degree weather all your life and rarely ever get to see it), and guess what?! It snowed! The day after they arrived!
It snowed a lot!
I was inside the house the morning it began snowing,
doing some chores in one of the rooms upstairs,
when I looked out the window to see this...
our two older boys,
Noah and Ian,
were outside with their cousin Paresa and two other neighbor kids
making snowballs with the brand new snowball maker thinga-ma-jiggy
that Santa stuffed in their stocking.
Then I saw that Spencer and Idrese were also outside playing in the snow!
They were working on building a snow fort.
I tapped on the window trying to get their attention but it didn't work,
so I opened the window to call out to them.
I wanted a picture of the kids playing the snow.
That's about the same moment that Spencer did this!
He threw a snowball at the open window and got snow all over the bedroom carpet!
He's lucky he didn't hit me, or else it would have been all out war, starting with a bucket of cold water doused all over him from the second story window!
I'm happy my family drove up to Utah for a visit and even happier that they prayed for snow! Winter would be no fun with out it!



0 comments:
Post a Comment