He might be on the "NAUGHTY" list this year...
It's often been said of parents with teenage boys that adolescent boys "will eat you out of house and home"... well, turn back the clock just a bit, I want to know if the same can be said of prepubescent boys??? Specifically toddlers! I still have yet to hear folks in multitudes complain about how their toddler boys ransack their kitchen pantry in the dead of night looking for snacks... it happens here, in our home.
Yup, in the middle of the night, my four year old, Noah, & his two year old brother, Ian, wake from their sleep in the wee hours of the night while everyone else is asleep to grab a midnight snack. Sometimes it's marshmallows the boys steal from the pantry; other times it's chocolate chips, cookies, cakes, doughnuts... at times if they need to quench their thirst, they'll grab a spoon, a glass, some Tang powder and mix themselves a nice little beverage to drink. Have you seen a pattern yet??? They like their snacks sweet; never ever do they bother to grab a piece of fruit or stick of celery to munch on...NO! It must be their sweet tooth that wakes them and compels them to raid my pantry.
The other morning I found this as I was putting away the clean dishes...
I know, I know, it looks just like a drawer full of silverware, but look again!
There, next to the kids plastic forks are TWO dirty spoons with frosting on them!
I didn't put them there! Why on earth would I?! Everyone knows how much of a clean freak I am. There could ONLY be one explanation.
NOAH.
Yes, my dear Noah was at it again. In the wee hours of the night, he arose from his sleep, woke up his brother Ian, and together the two of them went downstairs to the kitchen to grab a "late night snack"...
HMMM... so that would explain why some of my counter tops I had just cleaned the night before had some sticky residue on them (and all these months I've been blaming Spencer for making the messes at night in the kitchen after I've gone to bed)... that would explain the crusty dish rag hanging in the same spot where the night before I just hung a fresh clean one... and that would explain why both the boys strolled into my bedroom that very morning with messy, sticky faces & hands!
The mystery still stood though... WHAT WAS IT THEY WERE EATING???
I opened my pantry door to find this...
Okay, ignore the fact that it's unorganized, even a bit crowded... can you see something that looks a little out of place??? Look down at the bottom shelf, dead center, right about at Noah's reach...
See it???
Let me help you with a close up...
There. See it now???
Yup, you've spotted it! That jar of Pillsbury Vanilla Frosting is out of place (it belongs on the top shelf)... Those little knuckleheads must have grabbed a stool, climbed to the top of the pantry to get the jar of frosting then put the stool back in place!
I must admit... between the two of them, they did a pretty fine job of concealing the evidence, but where they made their big mistake was by putting those two dirty spoons back into my drawer of CLEAN utensils. I AM THE QUEEN OF CLEAN and I HAVE A KEEN EYE FOR THINGS OUT OF PLACE!
For their sakes, and my sanity, I sure hope this is just a stage their going through. It has to be. Right?! With eating habits like theirs, they might end up looking the Pillsbury Dough Boy and in a fat camp. I could think of a million other ways I'd like my boys to spend their summers... (just kidding about the whole fat camp thing... I'm not really worried). Looks like we'll have to start LOCKING UP the pantry and fridge at night.
1 comments:
that is hysterical!!!! I love it! your boys are really cute!!
Post a Comment