Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bentley at 4 months old...


Seriously, can someone tell me where the time has gone?!
My baby is 4 months old today!
He's a chunk and has rolls on parts of his little body I didn't think rolls could exist;
his neck is so chubby and thick that milk and drool curdles in between the chub!
He could probably pass for being 6 months old; he's gonna be a big kid and take after his older brother Ian- it's amazing really how much the two of them look alike!
Bentley has been getting so much more animated lately; he smiles pretty much at anything (but the camera) and he LOVES to babble.

I don't have his 4 month stats yet; his well check appointment isn't until this Thursday.
He did however finally meet with an orthopaedic doctor this past Friday at Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake regarding his scoliosis (in late October after a series of x-rays, doctors discovered he had infantile scoliosis; Bentley has a 19 degree curve in his spine- click here to read about infant scoliosis);
We were concerned that the doctor at Children's Hospital would want to cast and brace Bentley's back but after examining little Bentley and looking over his x-rays the doctor said there wouldn't be any need to do so- at least not at this time; he believes it's something that will probably correct itself on its own once Bentley becomes more mobile, sitting up, crawling and walking; just to make sure the curve in his spine doesn't worsen, the orthopedist asked to have Bentley return in another 6 months for a follow up visit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that in the next 6 months Bentley's curve in his spine improves and after his follow up appointment it won't be necessary to make anymore visits. It would be nice and a bit of a relief to have that checked off of our list of "life's worries".

P.S. Just in case you were wondering; I haven't really had the need to buy any new clothes for Bentley since birth, considering we still have oodles of baby clothes passed down from his 3 older brothers but I visited my FAVORITE baby boutique BABINSKIS in Salt Lake on Friday, after the doctors visit, and found this Paul Frank Julius the Monkey baby winter cover up on sale, half off! I caved and bought it vowing to get my $$$ worth by having him wear it as much as possible until he outgrows it. It's for babies 3-6 months old; I'm thinking it might fit him for one more month; that's 30 days of wash and wear- DON'T be surprised if every picture you see of Bentley from now until the end of January is in this same suit he's wearing in the picture above. I LOVE IT and LOVE great deals!

1 comments:

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Cute! Well, if you happen to have a girl and we have a boy someday....we'd love to use any of your adorable clothes......not an announcement...but that monkey outfit is adorable!