At least it's not a Red Ryder BB Gun...
Just when I thought I was done with my Christmas shopping, (correction... Santa. wink. wink.) Noah had me write this letter to Santa for him.
Just in case you can't read my handwriting, the letter reads:
Dear Santa,
I would like Thomas the choo choo trains tracks & something else. I want a basketball hoop for my toy room. For Ian bring a Christmas tree he can touch. For Cohen- bring cars, he always likes cars. For Bentley, please bring him a bottle. Leave the presents under the tree. Love Noah.
WoW! A Christmas tree Ian can touch (Noah's request, NOT mine), cars for Cohen and a bottle for Bentley (again- Noah's words, NOT mine) and an order to leave the presents under the tree?! It was beginning to sound like a ransom note... he redeemed his self though when he signed it "love Noah" instead of "General Noah".
Who knew the kid knew so much about Santa Claus already, and certainly about writing him letters?! Who taught him that?! He must have learned it from his teacher at preschool; certainly not around here. I'm not yet ready to meet special request for presents this Christmas. Usually I get to be the one to decide what the boys will like getting in terms of presents. And what is this all about a Thomas the Choo Choo Train Tracks thing-a-ma-jiggy he wants?! I should be relieved at least he's not asking for an Elmo doll or Barney (those were hot items of generations "past"); but come on, Thomas the Train?! Those things are expensive, but more importantly BORING and it's so COMMERCIALIZED! If I give in (er, I mean if Santa does) and buys him a Thomas Train, soon enough he'll see Thomas the Train books, and he'll want those, and next he'll see Thomas sandals (gag!) and want those too, or Thomas the Train undies and pajamas... my kid IS NOT going to be one of those kids, especially again since it's Thomas the Train! Do I have to repeat myself- Thomas is so BORING! Why can't it be Spider man at least?!
Anyhow, my main beef is I've done my Christmas shopping already for this season... I thought I was done, UNTIL he had me write this letter for him.
I'd hate to disappoint the kid on Christmas morning, or better yet, be disappointed by Santa, so it looks like I have to suck it up and brave the crazy holiday crowds again to find him a Thomas Train... I'm thinking a small Thomas the train- something pocket size...wink.wink. and inexpensive, that can fit in his stocking...it better satisfy his fascination with Thomas.
Oh and by the way; the following below is something Noah made at preschool in November when his class was discussing Thanksgiving. I had a good laugh reading what he was "thankful" for particularly because HE DOES NOT OWN a THOMAS THE TRAIN!
Back to the whole request for a "Christmas tree" that Ian can touch... well, I'm not sure if Santa can deliver on that request but good news... as for the "bottle" Noah would like Santa to bring baby Bentley, well... that can be done!
WoW! A Christmas tree Ian can touch (Noah's request, NOT mine), cars for Cohen and a bottle for Bentley (again- Noah's words, NOT mine) and an order to leave the presents under the tree?! It was beginning to sound like a ransom note... he redeemed his self though when he signed it "love Noah" instead of "General Noah".
Who knew the kid knew so much about Santa Claus already, and certainly about writing him letters?! Who taught him that?! He must have learned it from his teacher at preschool; certainly not around here. I'm not yet ready to meet special request for presents this Christmas. Usually I get to be the one to decide what the boys will like getting in terms of presents. And what is this all about a Thomas the Choo Choo Train Tracks thing-a-ma-jiggy he wants?! I should be relieved at least he's not asking for an Elmo doll or Barney (those were hot items of generations "past"); but come on, Thomas the Train?! Those things are expensive, but more importantly BORING and it's so COMMERCIALIZED! If I give in (er, I mean if Santa does) and buys him a Thomas Train, soon enough he'll see Thomas the Train books, and he'll want those, and next he'll see Thomas sandals (gag!) and want those too, or Thomas the Train undies and pajamas... my kid IS NOT going to be one of those kids, especially again since it's Thomas the Train! Do I have to repeat myself- Thomas is so BORING! Why can't it be Spider man at least?!Anyhow, my main beef is I've done my Christmas shopping already for this season... I thought I was done, UNTIL he had me write this letter for him.
I'd hate to disappoint the kid on Christmas morning, or better yet, be disappointed by Santa, so it looks like I have to suck it up and brave the crazy holiday crowds again to find him a Thomas Train... I'm thinking a small Thomas the train- something pocket size...wink.wink. and inexpensive, that can fit in his stocking...it better satisfy his fascination with Thomas.
Oh and by the way; the following below is something Noah made at preschool in November when his class was discussing Thanksgiving. I had a good laugh reading what he was "thankful" for particularly because HE DOES NOT OWN a THOMAS THE TRAIN!
Back to the whole request for a "Christmas tree" that Ian can touch... well, I'm not sure if Santa can deliver on that request but good news... as for the "bottle" Noah would like Santa to bring baby Bentley, well... that can be done!
1 comments:
I love it. We got Isaac a Thomas train station and train last year at Target. The special wood Thomas stuff is really expensive. I think they are collectables or something. But the one we got Isaac is just plastic (still good quality)and was really in expensive and the train station talks. Its funny because I totally agree with you, Thomas is so boring. Isaac has never even watched it. I think he has just read a couple of the books at his babysitters. He LOVES his train though and he does have some Thomas pjs that are his favorite. I don't know what attracts kids to these things, but they sure love them!
Post a Comment