Don't mind me... I'm on VACATION!
Yesterday the two older boys and I, packed our beach wear & sandals, kissed Spencer & the babies, Cohen & Bentley, goodbye, boarded a plane and flew home to San Diego for a mini vacation!
This is a picture of Coey I took just before going out the door;
I'll sure miss him while I'm gone...
but Ian's very first plane ride.
Needless to say, he was extremely excited about flying in a plane!
We had an entire row of seats just to ourselves. The boys made excellent travel companions. They didn't fuss a bit during the flight. They had a LOT of admirers aboard the plane and in the airports (everyone I talked to thought the boys were TWINS)!
For the first leg of the flight, they kept busy coloring, reading & putting stickers in their sticker book; a little bit of Halloween candy & some Cheetos kept their bellies satisfied...
My brother Jeff and his wife Corina met us at the airport with their baby girl Tatiana (she's almost 1). This was our first time meeting Tatiana; she's an absolute DOLL and has the BIGGEST brown eyes! Jeff drove us back to my parents house the back way down by Point Loma, Sea World and up through PB... I reveled in the scenery; beach, beach & more beach... it feels good to be back home in San Diego after being away for a year. I absolutely LOVE it here!
We stopped in at my parents house for a bit to let the boys get some of their wiggles out; the boys played some with their other cousins, Paresa, Idrese & Kyse before we went to dinner at The Olive Garden with some of my fam. (they have a GREAT "gluten free" menu there). The boys were NOT on their best behavior there at the restaurant and we probably spent more time sitting outside the restaurant in "time out" than at our own table; but who can blame the kids? They were dead tired from traveling and just excited to be on vacation. They were asleep the very second their heads hit their pillows.
We'll be vacationing for a week; we hope to soak up lots of sun, sand & surf; spend good quality time with Grandma & Grandpa Truesdell, cousins and aunts and Uncle Jeff; a day with Mickey Mouse @ Disneyland; the monkeys at the zoo; the cheetahs at The Wild Animal Park, science & art down at Balboa Park and TODAY our plan is to cruise Shark Reef and get soaked by Shamu @ Sea World!
Disclaimer: Don't be worried about Spence and the babies... we're lucky to have lots of family live near us in Utah who are willing to help watch Cohen & Bentley while Spencer's at school or work.
Trish sent me this picture...
just after Spencer dropped the babies off at her house last night,
Cohen got right to work and started mopping her floor with Izzy.






1 comments:
It sounds like you will be really busy having fun. The Botanical Gardens in Encinitas are really fun too. They have a new area just for kids. I went there with the boys Tuesday and they loved it.
Post a Comment