Easter Sunday
So I mean to make this post brief and just mention the highlights of our Easter Weekend. Here's my attempt at doing so.
I was pretty pleased with myself because I remembered to buy all of the candy I needed for Easter baskets weeks before Easter arrived!
My mom sent us this fun kit that allowed us to decorate some of our Easter eggs as bugs. Aren't they cute?
I have a new appreciation for my mother and holidays, because she always made our Easter candy and other special treats for holidays from scratch. I would never have found the time or the patience to do that!!!
I also decided that instead of buying Easter Sunday Suits for the boys this year I would just buy them all pink ties. It was so much more practical that way, especially since in the past Noah never wore his fancy Easter suits any time other than on Easter. I thought all my boys looked pretty good in their white shirts and pink ties.

I had a gingerbread kit left over from Christmas and thought we could use it to construct a "Bunny House". Spencer's mom helped Noah decorate his "Bunny House"; they used Easter candy to adorn it. It turned out pretty cute looking.
I also bought a kit that Noah used to roll paint onto Easter eggs with. It was a little less messier than the "traditional" method of dying Easter eggs.
Noah had a great time painting his eggs. Ian was only interested in eating them- go figure!
We had an Easter egg hunt here at the house for Noah on Sunday morning. He had so many eggs and got a ton of Easter candy it was insane!!! I wish I could have gotten better pictures and even better video of the egg hunt but I was busy in the kitchen getting breakfast ready for the family, so I had to trust other family members to take pictures for me.
Ian's trying to eat a dollar bill he found in one of his Easter eggs- he certainly won't be wealthy later on in life if he CONSUMES money like that!
I made Easter Breakfast for Spencer's family. His parents joined us, along with his oldest sister Laura and his younger sister Megan and her boyfriend John. We had crepes, fresh fruit and all the toppings you can imagine, cheesy spinach scrambled eggs (YUM!), bacon, ham, croissants and cheese, and a fresh fruit salad along with juice.
After breakfast we had to scramble off to church- before leaving though I had to get at least one family picture taken because I knew there wouldn't be a chance of getting a good shot after church. It's not the best picture, but it works. Oh yeah, you may notice that I'm totally not matching the rest of my family, (Spencer gave me a hard time about that in fact) reason being because I couldn't find FOR THE LIFE OF ME any cute maternity shirts at the stores worth buying- so pardon the black dress.
(Note: We're sitting on the front steps of our house because the lawn was still a little damp and there weren't any flowers that had bloomed yet).
We left church after sacrament and came home to take a nap before heading up to my sister Tricia's house for Easter dinner. She prepared a delicious ham and we all chipped in and brought the other side dishes. I made a variety of jello Easter eggs again this year from my egg molds to share with the kids-
Jello eggs are pretty popular with the kids.
Tricia's kids, along with Noah and my other sister Celeste's kids all took part in another egg hunt that afternoon. We tried to get a good group shot of all the kids together just after the hunt, but as you can see, not everyone was focused. 
In fact, look at this picture, Ian was distracted by candy- his cousin Daniel was kindly feeding it to him. 
After dinner and the egg hunt, the kids all spent a few hours outside playing together. Noah and Ian enjoyed being with their cousins.
We had a fabulous Easter, especially since we spent most of the day with family!
1 comments:
Your easter pictures are so cute. I LOVE the pink ties! Adorable. You are looking GREAT & it's great to read about your adventures! I'm glad you're feeling better this pregnancy...can you believe how close we are getting??
Post a Comment