Friday, February 1, 2008

Slobber & Fancy Phones

Okay so first, I think I should mention that Spencer's been gone now for two days and I'm holding up the fort pretty well on my own; check back in a week and I may have had one or two stress related meltdowns. The boys have been pretty well behaved- Spencer's parents thankfully relieved me of sole parental duty for a few hours tonight when they took Noah out to the movies. I had the chance to spend some one on one time with Ian. We worked on crawling techniques for a little bit. He's so close to crawling, I wish it would just happen this week! He'd be so much happier being mobile. He's had the squirms and urge to move forever now!

Spencer's having a great time in New York. He called me yesterday to tell me that he'd already taken the bus tour around the city and he also went to watch "WICKED" and "THE LION KING" on Broadway. I'm a tad bit jealous I'm not there with him. Originally I wanted to fly out to New York with him just for a little get away, but he thought he'd be busy at the conference so I decided to stay home; yesterday was just a registration day for conference attendees, so he had the entire day to sight see through the city.

I found myself running errands with the boys most of yesterday afternoon. Today I stuck around the house and caught up on some reading. It's been snowing so much here lately, I didn't care to spend another day packing the boys around in snow to and from stores. I was actually looking forward to putting the boys down to sleep this evening, it had been the perfect, stress free day, that was until I realized my "fancy" phone was totally destroyed!!! That's right, DESTROYED! Earlier in the evening, Ian had gotten a hold of it, and he slobbered all over it (he's cutting his first tooth right now- he doesn't usually drool like a St. Bernard). I didn't think anything of the slobber, I just dabbed it off, but when I went to check my cell phone an hour later I noticed it wasn't working! His slobber totally damaged my phone- I could see the condensation from his drool inside the phones image screen. I tried to use the blow-dryer on a cool setting to see if it could help fix the matter, but no such luck! So just at the same time I planned to put the boys down to sleep for the night, I threw on my jacket, braved the bitter cold and drove over to Verizon Wireless to see if the tech crew there could fix my phone. No such luck. I was told that I'd have to buy a new phone- no problem I thought- what's a phone to replace the one I had cost, $50-$60? Ummmm, wrong! Apparently my phone is a "fancy" phone; I would never have known it since I just make calls on it and use its "alarm" and "calendar" functions. It's a $300 phone and I never knew it. If I had known its value I certainly would never have allowed Slobber Boy to drool all over it! Fortunately we have insurance on our phones- imagine that, insurance on a phone and I never knew until today! Well the insurance is totally worth it but sadly, I still won't have a phone that works until possibly next Tuesday!!! By some miracle, maybe overnight tonight my phone will dry out and work like it should, sparing me the agony of being without a phone. I'm sure I sound ridiculous making a big fuss over my phone, but it's such an important tool in my life. Seriously, it's ironic because just earlier today I was thinking about how SILLY it is how anywhere I go I take my phone with me, even if it's just from room to room in our house. I can misplace my purse or my keys, or even a bottle, but I NEVER misplace my phone. I know where it's at all the time!!!

2 comments:

heidizinha said...

yeah, phones are totally our lifeline, huh? i dropped mine in the toilet last week and was without one for almost a week. it was amazing how much i realize i depend on it.

janae said...

Not to give you false hope or anything, but mine had toilet visit a couple months ago and worked fine right after, but a few hours later stopped working. And then a day after that I could use it again, although it acted weird for about a week. Now its back to normal. Strange. I'll cross my fingers that you have the same luck!