Our "Repeat Offender"...
It's OFFICIAL... My two year is now a "REPEAT OFFENDER". He has a wrap sheet that includes various misdemeanors such as "drinking toilet water", glopping "butt paste" (Resolin) all over his baby brothers face and hair, emptying 10+ 36 ounce EXPENSIVE cans of baby formula down the toilet, onto his brother, or onto our bed; and now he has added "GRAFFITIING" to his wrap sheet. That's right, he did it just last week, (luckily I was able to clean up the mess he left), and he repeated the offense TODAY!!! I'd just gone in to get the boys up from their naps; I decided to lay down on the bed and play with Ian for just a couple of minutes at which point Noah wondered off into the Living Room. Things were just a little too quite and I started to get suspicious that he was "UP TO NO GOOD". I quickly dashed into the Living Room with Ian where I found Noah standing ON TOP of our computer desk with TWO PERMANENT MARKERS IN HAND. (I made the mistake of not putting the computer chair away and the markers in a MUCH MUCH higher location). Noah had marked ALL OVER our computer desk AGAIN, scribbled on the same picture frame he graffitied on before, and while I scrubbed up the mess with some Clorox Bleach Wipes, I kept finding MORE and MORE places on the computer desk that he scribbled on! He used a "fat tipped" permanent marker and a "fine tipped" permanent marker. From experience cleaning these markers off of surfaces, I've learned that the fat tip markers are easier to banish than are the "fine tip" markers, which leave a GOOD MARK. I literally scrubbed and scrubbed for nearly an hour. At one point, I got desperate enough to try scrubbing the marker off with the grain on a nail file- not a good choice- it only damaged the desk MORE. (Hopefully I can find somewhere, some stain that matches the color of our desk to disguise my error). Most of the marker rubbed off or faded in color dramatically, but the evidence of his "OFFENSE" is still there if you look close enough.
What really perturbs me, is I just don't understand stand, why of all things he chose to GRAFFITI the same things he marked up last week!!! It reminds me of those gang banger kids who graffiti on neighborhood fences. (I grew up in the city so I've seen quite a bit of graffiti in my day). The owner of the vandalized property will try to paint over it, but it's no use; the vandals will come back in due time and mark up the SAME object because it's considered THEIR TERRITORY!... Noah's starting early I guess; he likes to BREAK DANCE and VANDALIZE PROPERTY!
Okay so just an update for those of you who care; I had my doctor appointment today at 9:30 this morning. I'm 17 weeks into my pregnancy and I was really hoping my doctor would do a quick ultrasound today and tell us what the sex of the baby is. I even brought Spencer and the boys along; I'd hoped that their presence would coerce the doctor into telling me, especially since Spencer will be gone in New York the week I'm scheduled for my 20 week appointment.... Well guys, I had no such luck. The doctor already had 3 women in line for ultrasounds and he didn't have enough SYMPATHY for me this time around, since I'm feeling pretty good in comparison to my previous TWO pregnancies. He did however agree to give me an ultrasound in two weeks, just after I turn 19 weeks- so looks like MONDAY JANUARY 28TH is the day we find out whether this baby's a BOY or a GIRL!
So it's only been two days or so since my last post, but I thought I'd mention that Ian's made quite a bit of improvement moving around. He's kinda up on his knees now rocking back and forth- it's a step forward.
Having spoken about furniture earlier in this post, I thought I'd mention that on Saturday Spencer and I shopped around at two furniture places looking for couches. We found one couch we ESPECIALLY liked- we decided we'll buy LEATHER, since even though it's A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE, it's definitely better to have if there's little kids in the house. There's one more furniture store we'd like to look at, hopefully sometime this week, and then I suppose we'll be in a better position to make our decision and buy something. Let's hope we buy something soon; now that I've been out sampling NEW COUCHES, each time I sit on ours here at home, I despise them more and more.
Just to note- just now at this moment while writing, I looked over to my left to see that Noah even graffitied all over MY WATER BOTTLE!!! What was this kid thinking!!!
Okay, so can I just add I LOVE the current fashion! Long live 80's retro and LEGGINGS. SERIOUSLY I love that leggings are back in. Of course fashion has designed much better looking leggings to go with CUTER dresses and tops than we had in the eighties. I just love leggings, they're so comfortable, especially since it's winter outside and well, it's just not cool to go to church bare legged, and I totally HATE tights and pantyhose (I suffered everyday in the mission I had to wear pantyhose), so LEGGINGS are just PERFECT, because they keep my legs covered but cut off at the ankle or mid calf and then I can wear my shoes without suffocating my toes in nylon.
Okay, I think I'm done with the random comments. If you haven't seen the movie JUNO, you probably haven't heard the music from it. It's got some great tracks on it's soundtrack. I've decided to add a couple onto my play list. Check 'em out if you get the chance; they're at the bottom of the play list; "Anyone Else But You" by the Moldy Peaches, "All I Want Is You" by Barry Louis Polisar, and "Sea of Love" by Cat Power.
3 comments:
stephanie, try dry board marker cleaner solution stuff on permanent marker. It's worked wonders in my sister-in-laws classroom.
Yeah, I heard that the dry-eraser spray works wonders on permanent marker, too. I can't believe how creative Noah is!! You poor thing. I'm crossing my fingers you get a really sweet, mild girl for #3! :)
I JUST HAVE TO LAUGH BECAUSE I'VE BEEN DOWN THAT ROAD MYSELF MANY MANY TIMES!!! MY BED SHEETS ARE ACTUALLY STAINED WITH LIPSTICK AND PERMANENT MARKER!!!
AMY
Post a Comment