Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Aren't these cute?...



I thought these were so adorable! My mom and dad got the giraffe boots and garden tools for Noah for his 2ND birthday. (He likes giraffes a lot). He has yet to actually wear the boots on his feet; for now he enjoys wearing them on his hands- and we were so excited to use the gardening tools outside in the garden with Grandpa Campbell; but to our utter disappointment, I saw that the toys were being recalled! They were so cute- but frighteningly hazardous!
The garden tools- like many other toys on the market right now- were made in China in a factory that used paint that had super high levels of lead in it. I was so bummed they were being recalled! I just took the boots and tools over to Target today where they were recalling them. Turns out I was sort of lucky cuz as far as they knew, just the tools were being recalled. I got to keep the boots and the gloves! Yeay! But... as I shopped around the rest of the store, while I was in the baby section, I spotted the Fisher Price baby swing we purchased right before Ian was born. It had a huge "Recall" sign on it!!! I couldn't believe my eyes- now I'm gonna have to return that too! Turns out infants can shift in the swing and fall off to the side and get stuck between the arms of the swing. I wonder what next is going to be recalled that we own???

0 comments: