Not much happened this last week. Let's see, Monday I thought I was going to get a treadmill to use here in the home, (my sister had an extra super fancy treadmill I could borrow) but turns out it was too heavy to move here. Spencer along with 4 of his friends tried to lift it and move it here, but it wouldn't budge- I was a bit dissapointed- looks like I'm just gonna have to run outside or visit the gym to get rid of the baby weight. Maybe I can convince Spencer to buy me my own treadmill from Costco- that way I can run when ever I want... Wednesday I went down to Springville to visit Heidi and we went together with our kids to the Springville Quilting Show. We also stopped by a super cute quilting shop. I totally would love to learn how to quilt- it's next on my list of things to do. I also took the boys into the doctors office. Noah's still been a little sick and Ian too, nothing contagious, unless another kid were to drink the same water he bathed in. I wanted to get them both checked out though. Turns out, just as I predicted, Noah has that parasite that's been floating around in pools here in Utah. I had to turn in a sample of Noah's pooh to get tested. Totally gross! It's those kinda gross things about being a mom I don't enjoy. Good note- the doctor gave me a prescription to get rid of Noah's little parasite- bad note- it was practically impossible to find a pharmacy that carried that medicine since most pharmacies have sold out of it! Today we went to the state Brazilian Annual Festival that was held at UVSC (Even though my mission was in Portugal, I feel like I learned enough about Brazilians and their culture to appreciate it). Talk about weird- walking around and hearing hundreds of people speaking Portuguese! I haven't heard that since my mission. Spencer made me promise I wouldn't speak Portuguese to every person there, since he wouldn't understand what I was talking about. It was fun- interesting. I never knew there were sooo many Brazilians who lived in Utah! There was great Brazilian food- my favorite- and good music and dancing. They even had some mocas (young women) who were dressed in traditional Carnival costume dance. Noah enjoyed the mango and pomegranite sorbet and the dancing. Not much else happened that was all too exciting this last week. Another week and a half and we'll be in San Diego- yeay!!! I can't wait to see the ocean!
2 comments:
love the brazilian fun you get to have there in happy valley...sorry your kids have been sick, i love keeping up with your blog! thanks for the comments you made on ours--yes it's wonderful to have Trevor back, he's back in school (graduates in may!) & working parttime...he has a job offer from the place he worked this summer so we're mulling that over--take a job & make great $ or stay in school for a graduate degree?--ah the tough decisions of adult life--SHEESH!
holy cow, Steph, that was practically a novel! Have you seen those websites that will take your blog and make it into a hard-bound book? You should do that some day! I'm totally with you on the shopping thing. After this one time when Seara managed to throw a dozen eggs all over the full cart of groceries and her brother, I vowed to never take them with me again. Now I go after they are asleep and we've divvied up the responsibilities: I buy the groceries and load the car, and when I get home, Samuel unloads the car and puts everything away. Its the only way I can convince myself to go shopping!
Post a Comment