Alright, so not much exciting happened this last week. For the most part, we just chilled at home. Noah was still sick most of the week with his little bug he picked up from the water park the week before, and Ian wasn't feeling well either for a day or two. Even Spencer and I had our turns at being sick. It feels like we kinda got shorted on summer this year since we've been dealing with sickness the last 2 weeks-by the time we all start feeling better, summer will probably be over with!- it's been nice though hanging around the house in pajamas and enjoying each others company.
Ian's growing really fast. I can hardly believe it! In fact he's really beginning to chunk up, I love little fat rolls on babies!!! He doesn't quite have the fat rolls to show off yet, but he's working on them. I had taken him in to the doctors office two weeks ago and when the doctor weighed him he was already 13 pounds!!! I don't think Noah even weighed 13 pounds till he was close to a year old! In fact, Ian's beginning to outgrow some of his clothes- he's even been wearing a pair of Noah's pajamas that Noah still wears! I have an idea that as Noah and Ian grow older, Noah will introduce himself as Ian's older smaller brother and Ian will introduce himself as Noah's younger bigger brother! 
Ian is beginning to chuckle and smile a lot- I love it! He has such a great personality! Since Noah's quite the "showman" naturally, he's figured out that he can entertain his brother by dancing or tumbling for him. Ian always finds Noah's quirky attempts to entertain rather amusing and shows his appreciation by giggling. It's so cute to watch the two of them as they interact.
Noah has finally mustered up the courage to add "love" to his vocabulary. I've been trying to get him to say "I love you" for months now- and he would never even try to say it. He could say "giraffe" and "elephant" or "mickey mouse" easily, he'd even say something that resembled "hippopotamus" but he'd never utter the one syllable word "love". I was beginning to wonder if the kid already had emotional detachment problems because he didn't want to say it- turns out he's fine and now he says "I love you" like he's been saying it all along.
Below is a picture of Ian and Noah goofing around. Look closely, somehow, unfairly my boys have gotten beautiful long eyelashes. Aren't their lashes gorgeous?! 

I'm not quite sure what Noah thought he was trying to accomplish by balancing on my back, but he did it over and over again. Don't you love the super cheesy smile he put on for the camera in this picture?! He totally got that from Spencer! 
Ian doesn't mind laying down, but we noticed in the last week that he really prefers to be sitting up most of the time. Since Noah won't leave Ian alone as he sits in his bouncer without bouncing his brains out, or in his swing with out swinging him upside down in it, we resorted to buying Ian his very own baby pod. There's nothing appealing about it to Noah, so he leaves Ian alone fortunately while he's sitting in it. It's a great seat that's sculpted for little baby bums so they can sit up safely and watch the world around them. Ian loves his pod!
Last Friday we picnicked at the park with two of the Sisters from my mission. Ruth was visiting from San Diego and Heidi lives close by. We thought it would be fun to meet up at the park and let our kids all play. I had forgotten how hot it's been outside since we'd been inside most of the week. I never thought I would say this, but I'm actually kinda looking forward to fall- hopefully it will cool off then. Anyhow, we had fun catching up. That's me holding Noah, Heidi's right next to me, she's holding Ian for me, her little girl Mae is the baby crawling off the blanket, and that's Ruth on the end holding her little boy Jonathan. 
On Saturday, Spencer and I went to see Brian Reagan's comedy show out at Thanksgiving Point. I'd seen him do comedy once before on Comedy Central and I thought he was hilarious. We had a great spot on the grass right in front of the stage thanks to Spencer's sister Megan, she got there a couple hours before the show began, to save spots. I'd never been to a comedy show before, I loved this one! My favorite joke he told was about Pluto getting demerited and no longer being allowed to be a planet in our solar system, but yet it still has the privilege of rotating around the sun. I wish I had that particular joke on tape. I tried to record some of the jokes, of course being the ditz I am occasionally, I mistakenly held my camera sideways, so sorry, the filming is a bit off, but just tilt your neck to the left and you'll still get the picture. Also, Spencer's sister took this picture of Spencer and I during the show. I swear, even though it looks like I wasn't enjoying the show in this picture, I really really did love it. I don't think I've laughed as hard as I did Saturday night for years!
On Sunday, after going to church in the morning we all enjoyed an afternoon of napping. After we caught some "zzzz's", we headed up to my sister's home in Kaysville (it's about an hour north from where we live). My sister Celeste and her family just moved into a beautiful new house so she invited us up for a visit and dinner. I have to admit, initially I wasn't thrilled that more of my family have decided to move from San Diego here to Utah, but now that she's here with her family, I'm beginning to like the idea of having more of my immediate family members live within driving distance from me. It's wonderful that now two of my sisters and their families live close by and I love that my boys have almost all of their cousins here in Utah to play with. I would be totally devastated though if all of my family completely decided to leave San Diego and move up here to Utah! I need at least some of my family members to stay in California so that I can always have a reason to visit there whenever! Below is a picture of my oldest niece Rayanne holding Ian. It's a shame she wasn't living just a little closer, otherwise I would probably hire her every weekend to babysit for us!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Love this post! I love your details & imagining your days with your boys! Sorry they've been sick--hope they are feeling better for the weekend. OK so how fun you,Heidi & Ruth got together! What a fun play date--you all look like hot mamas in the pic. ALSO--I love that you took advantage of the Brian Regan show at Thanksgiving Point--we were introduced to him a couple of years ago & LOVE HIM. We were listening to one of his audio cds last night on our drive home & we saw him perform live in Louisville, KY in Feb. HE IS OUR FAV! Makes me laugh like crazy...ah, fun.
Post a Comment