Lagoon



So a couple of weeks ago we had the chance to go to "Lagoon"- it's Utah's family amusement park- I'd never been there before so I was looking forward to it. I took the two boys and we also went there with Spencer's mom and his younger sister and her two friends. Spencer didn't want to go- I think that's because he just knew he'd get sick on all the rides- I know he's gonna be upset I said this, but I think he has a weak stomach for thrill rides- every time I've flown on an airplane with him, he's gotten queasy. Anyhow I had a great time. It was nice just to get out of the house and do something out of the ordinary. I only wish it hadn't been so cold the day we went. That's right- it was cold in Utah during mid June. In fact it decided to snow in the mountains just the day before and rain all over the valley- totally weird weather! But of course the day after we went to Lagoon the temperature jumped back up to the 90's and now were at a 100 degrees- insane! I got to go on a few of the big rides myself- I love roller coasters!!! I haven't been on one yet that has made me terrified- I guess I haven't been to that Six Flags Park in Ohio where one of the passengers on the Superman ride had both her feet cut off at the ankle cuz it malfunctioned- (did you hear about that?!!! Totally freak accident I guess- I read it on CNN.com) yeah- I think if I were there to see that it would totally freak me out and make me never want to ride a roller coaster again- but alas, I wasn't there and I still totally love the thrill of roller coasters. Noah got to go on a good share of rides himself. 90% of them he wasn't quite tall enough to ride, but Grandma Campbell wanted him to have some fun so she snuck him on them. The first ride he went on was called "Bulgie the Whale". It was so funny to watch him in it, cuz as it went up and down in a circular motion we could just see Noah getting sicker and sicker by the second- he could hardly keep his head up and his lips were pierced closed, his cheeks full and he turned a ghastly white- I truly thought he was going to barf all over "Bulgie the Whale". He was a trooper though and he managed to stomach the ride. Another funny ride he went on was a little boat ride. He was seated on this little floating boat all alone and he was truly miserable (it was mid-nap time for him by then). Then at the last minute before they began the ride, they seated an adorable little girl next to Noah in the boat. Immediately he perked up and he was loving the company. It was too cute to watch from afar as they sailed off together- Noah driving the boat. It kinda reminded me of a scene from The Little Mermaid. "Shalalalalala my oh my...." OK, so enough, we had a great time at Lagoon.
0 comments:
Post a Comment