Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I can finally breathe, but why is it I still can't sleep at night???

Okay, so I can finally breathe, after months of pulling teeth and trying to get Spencer to sit down and prepare our taxes, they're finally done! It just took him up till the last minute to do them- (which by the way they would have been late any other year as I understand but this year was a special year since the 15th fell on a Sunday and yesterday was the first day that Washington D.C. recognized a new holiday for the district) and I had to call and do a little shopping around yesterday afternoon to find a store that still had in stock a copy of Turbo Tax Home and Office. Thank goodness for Turbo Tax- making taxes easy. I can't believe the scrutiny though I got from so many people whom I talked to while I was calling in search of the software! Everyone had to just throw in their piece, "Oh waiting till the last minute huh?"- as if we we're the only ones to do so- but obviously they're not thinking of the other millions of Americans who also procrastinate and do the same thing year after year! I would have appreciated it if I could have just purchased the software without the extra commentary. OK, so I can't actually believe I've gotten to that point in my life where I'm actually responsible for doing my own taxes! I mean I remember it always sounded so grown up- my parents were always the ones responsible for doing them and I've always been claimed as a dependent and now, in these last couple of years Spencer and I have been tossed in amongst the millions of Americans to get our taxes done for ourselves otherwise we would be bounty hunted by the IRS! (I'm exaggerating a little bit by the way in this post in case you couldn't tell)... So now that taxes are done I can finally breathe a little easier-( seriously, tax deadline was beginning to feel like a college finals deadline to me)- but I still have yet to sleep comfortably at night- thus the reason I'm up right now at 2:30 in the morning writing this blog! I miss those old days in which I could sleep soundly for the entire night- now I find myself channel surfing at all odd hours of the night. I'm either too hot, or too cold, or I can't find the right side to lay on in the bed, or I'm feeling queasy or hungry and the most agonizing of all my symptoms, I have the constant need to get up and use the bathroom! Getting out of bed these days though- especially when my body is still tired but I just can't sleep, is a chore in itself too! For those of you who haven't seen me in a while, let me just give you an idea of what I might look like now in my 37th week of pregnancy- I'm still short- don't worry I haven't grown an inch height wise, but in width- well I'm getting larger by the day. Unfortunately due to my short stature, while being pregnant the baby doesn't have much room to grow in so he's forced up into my ribs and my belly expands out more so than a taller woman's stomach does. My waist I once had completely disappears and my belly just keeps growing! Noah usually recognizes that my tummy is as big as it is because of the baby, so instead of calling it "mommy's belly" he usually calls it my "baby" but he was a little confused the other day, cuz he actually called my tummy a "ball"!!! And sadly, I can see how through the eyes of a toddler it may look like a big huge veinous ball. Oh the joys of pregnancy! Seriously, I don't remember being this big with Noah and I can't remember being depleted of energy or sleep and my body constantly aching as it does with this pregnancy. Is it as sign of old age or maybe this baby is really going to be an enormous baby like my doctor said on my last visit! Really, my nurse practitioner walked into the room on my last visit last week to the doctors commenting on the soon to be "jumbo wumbo baby" they saw on the ultrasound. (For those of you who weren't aware, I love my doctor I see, but the nurse practitioner I occasionally see is just weird and loopy and she's not my favorite.) I'm not concerned- even though they're guessing the baby may be a 9 or 10 pounder at the least because I remember they predicted the same odds for when before Noah was born and he was an average size kid- 7 lbs15 ounces with a smaller than average size head! Seriously though- I definitely didn't get this uncomfortable in my last few weeks being pregnant with Noah, and then I was still able to wear my normal jeans and skirts and this whole pregnancy I've been forced to actually wear my maternity bottoms and I find week by week that my shirts are continuing to get shorter and shorter as they inch up past my gargantuan stomach! I have a theory though- I believe that woman like myself forget miraculously the pain and suffering we undergo during pregnancy and delivery and for that reason, that is why after baby number 1, we long to have baby baby number 2 and so forth... OK, well I've rambled enough about taxes and pregnancy- oh funny to mention just as I'm finishing this blog at 3 a.m. in the morning, Spencer walked in and handed me some ice cream! I won't turn down good ice cream of course, and especially right now- it's too easy to blame the extra pounds this tasty treat may add to my waistline on just being prego! I'll just work it off after my pregnancy- as I have yet to do with all the other french fries and ice cream I've consumed these last 9 months. :)

0 comments: