Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Easter Sunday- Come and Gone


Alright so you're probably wondering when I'm going to quit adding new posts to my blog since I've been already adding so many in the last two days- well, I'm not done doing so yet... as I mentioned earlier in one of my blogs I still have yet to talk about my more recent trip to San Diego and I thought I'd share some about Easter. It's funny what Easter memories I have from being little. I remember always especially looking foward to it, since it usually occured just after my birthday. I remember always getting a new Sunday dress to wear that was frocked and sewn by my grandma Truesdell, and I even remember waking up early for the egg hunt and then taking pictures over on our neighbor, Mr Wilsons, front lawn. It was always a mystery to me why we'd take our pictures over on his lawn and not our own, but now that I'm older, I think my dad wanted pictures there because Mr Wilsons lawn was always super green and well cropped. I figure my dad had already been busy enough each year playing the Easter Bunny, he just probably never had the time Easter weekend to getting around to mowing his own front lawn. Kinda funny thinking of it now. My mom was always one to out do herself and other moms each year- making and decorating her own chocholate treats and creating elaborate sugar easter eggs for each one of us 5 kids. Reason I mention my earlier memories of what Easter was like for myself as a kid is because I believe that along with the years that have passed since then, Easter has just become more and more commercialized and we parents look beyond making treats ourselves and figure we'll just buy them in the supermarket. I'd been sooo busy just before Easter, that I forgot to buy anything for Spencer and Noah's Easter baskets until the evening before. I made a rush to Wal Mart, grabbed what ever candy I could find, all which cost a fortune and I waited in the check out line there for over 40 minutes!!! I did decide to at the last minute try and get creative and make a special treat I could share with my family- it may have taken me all night to make, but single handedly I made a basket filled with an assortment of various colors and flavors of Jello Easter Eggs!!! They were actually pretty cool looking. The lime eggs though I have to admit weren't made too well, I didn't stir the jello well enough so they turned out a little rubbery. Oooops! Easter morning we awoke early- not that I'd gotten much sleep the night before anyhow and got Noah and ourselves ready and headed up to American Fork to visit with my sister Tricia's family. Both my parents were in town visiting so they accompanied all of us to church. We had planned to have the Easter egg hunt before church but due to the weather we postponed it until after church. I left after sacrement with my sister and parents to return to her home and help prepare the dinner- Spencer stayed at church for the rest of the time to help my brother in law with Nursery. It was funny, cuz when the time came that they finally got back home from church, the two guys were totally exhausted and Spencer is totally turned off by nursery- wait and see- just his luck and that might be his next new calling- Nursery leader! My sister prepared a great meal- she's a perfectionista like myself- so ofcourse everything had to be cooked just right and presented beautifully (I think we both watch a little too much of the home cooking network- especially "Sandra Lee"). We did the egg hunt after Easter dinner. The kids couldn't wait- poor things they'd already waited almost the entire afternoon! Noah was first to get out the door in the backyard- he headed straight to two or three of the easter eggs but then lost his focus, set the eggs down and ran after a soccer ball that had been left on the grass. ( That's really why I don't have any pictures of Noah with Easter eggs for this year- I just have him pictured with the soccer ball.) The rest of the kids really cleaned up the backyard in no time collecting all of the hidden eggs and they all sat and ate their yummies of the trampoline. Even though Noah hadn't collected any of the candy filled eggs for himself- he still wanted all of the kids to share the goods with him and he managed to coax all of them into giving him some. My parents took off later that evening- they were driving down to Arizona so my mom could visit with her sisters and help take care of my grandma. Spencer and I headed home just before they left (it was a wise idea on my part, since I know that saying goodbye to my parents on any trip is always really difficult for me to do without getting teary eyed.) Easter had been enjoyable- I already have ideas for next years Easter celebration even though it's a year away! I did get sick though after arriving home- seems I must had eaten something that had wheat or flour in or on it, and since I'm allergic to it, I became extremely sick. Fortunately though- I was able to take a couple of Benedyrl and sleep it off. It was actually nice the next morning, because I'd actually gotten some good sound sleep since the Benedryl completely knocks me out. I suppose I should have just taken a Benedryl every night while being prego and then I wouldn't complain about that lack of sleep I'm getting. (I'm just kidding about that ofcourse.)

0 comments: