Thursday, April 26, 2007

The day has finally come....School's out for the summer!!!

No, we haven't had the baby yet- but today marks Spencer's last day of school for the semester! I am completely thrilled! This has been a busy semester for him juggeling the business and school- and on top of just his regular school assignments- he opted to write a manual for the college English department along with the help of another friend- so when he has been home lately, he's been glued to our computer. Technically Spencer isn't completely finished and hasn't graduated, he still has an online math class he has to complete over the next month, so really his graduation date isn't until August and then after that he's going to start applying to graduate schools- but just the idea that the day has finally arrived where he's not obligated to attend classes at all odd hours of the day just makes me so happy- and even better- he's actually getting his degree in something he enjoys. When I first met him, he'd been pursuing his degree in business, and then finally a year into our marriage he decided to change it to English (his preference). I hated him then for changing majors- since he'd already invested so much time and money in getting a business degree, but then again- I really wanted him to just enjoy the classes he was taking and get a degree in a field that really interested him. It will be interesting to see where we end up for graduate school. He's been looking at a school in Ohio (which also happens to be where he served his mission) and honestly, I wouldn't mind living in Ohio. We visited there once while we were back east to see my grandparents, and I thought Ohio was really beautiful- really green. I also liked the fact that there were large cities all through out or near Ohio, but yet there were also plenty of small towns surrounding the big cities where most people chose to reside. Now that Spencer is practically done with school it does make me a little sick to myself to think I still have yet to graduate. I had just two semesters of school left before graduation, but as life has had its way- Spencer and I married and then we had Noah, and well now, we're expecting baby #2- and wouldn't you know- I've done a little rethinking myself and I've decided that broadcasting really isn't something I would want to get a degree in, so if I were to find the time to go back to school, I'd want to start over in a different field. I'll finish school at some point in my life I suppose, just as for now I guess I'd rather participate in my "mommy courses". Speaking of being a mommy- well not too much longer and we'll be welcoming baby boy #2 into our family. I think Spencer and I have come to a final decision as to what we'll name him, but sorry, we're not sharing our name idea until after the baby is born and we've signed the papers. I just don't really care to hear everyone voice their opinion as to whether or not they like our name choice- since it's a given- there will always be people happy with our choice and then there will always be those who disapprove. It's a fact. I think we're pretty well ready for the baby to arrive. Thank goodness it's waited and hasn't come early yet. I don't know how Spencer would have handeled the additional stress of having a new baby arrive during finals week! We've stocked up on boxes of newborn diapers- lets hope this baby isn't over 12 pounds, cuz we've already purchased 6 boxes of newborn diapers- I'd hate to see them not fit! I've also been busy washing and folding all of Noah's newborn clothes we had packed away- I can't believe how many clothes we had for Noah as a newborn! Some of his outfits he never had even a chance to wear since we had so many for him. Thank goodness we're having another boy, because maybe now that these baby clothes will be recycled and worn again for a 2nd time, maybe they'll actually get some stains on them! We've had to make a few big purchases recently for the new baby- such as a new bassinette (we used my sisters bassinette for Noah before, but now that she's expecting her 8th baby we figure she'll need it). I predicted that it would only take me maybe 30 minutes at the most to put the bassinette together- but ofcourse I was completely wrong and instead it took me closer to almost 2 hours to get the dumb thing assembled. (I did have a few interupptions though, since Noah thought he was a rock star and wanted to stay up all night and play with me and Spencer.) I can slowly see Noah entering the stage of his "terrible two's". He already insist on doing everything for himself and ohhh, he's started to test us with little tantrums by throwing himself on the floor when he doesn't want to do something we've asked him to do. He doesn't scream and kick, thank goodness, but unfortunately, since he already has hypotonia and is kinda limp naturally, when he's throwing a fit and has sprawled out over the entire the floor, it makes it even that more difficult to sweep him up by the arm- instead, it seems like I have to squat down and completely peel him off the floor (not something so easily done by a pregnant woman my size.) Along with tantrums he's also at the point where he's into absolutely everything!!! The other day, after he'd already dumped the dog food out of its dish and onto the floor, he made a mad dash downstairs to our bathroom where he found the toilet bowl brush and began to rub the dirty thing all over what ever was in sight- I'm talking the door, the walls, the carpet- the t.v., everything! It was so disgusting- I wanted to puke! Yeah- he's definately entering his terrible two's! He has his good times too though where he's finally becoming more cuddily and shares kisses with us. In fact Noah enjoys a good kiss with the little girls in his nursery class. This last Sunday I was in there visiting and Noah was accidentally knocked over by one of the older girls in nursery- no harm done ofcourse. Her mom happened to see and told her to go and give Noah a hug- so she did- well Noah took advantage of the hug and decided to make it into a kissing session- he really enjoyed it. I'm afraid this may just be an insight as to what the future holds for us in rearing him through adolescence! I've had for a month now such an intense craving for ice! I just can't get enough of it- I know wierd- and unfortunately my craving has worn off onto Noah- he enjoys a good ice cube with mom every now and then. Yeah- as far as feeling and being prepared for the new baby- I think we're there now.

0 comments: